Transferring to Lang

  • Students who are attending or have attended another college or university and wish to complete their education at Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts may apply for admission as transfers. Transfer credit is awarded depending on courses taken and grades received. A maximum of 60 credits is accepted, as students must complete at least 60 credits in residence at Lang.

    Transfer applicants who have completed fewer than 24 college credits (on a semester system) must submit high school transcript(s) in addition to college transcripts.

    Transfer Credits from American Institutions

    To receive credit, students must complete courses with a grade of C or better (C- does not transfer); pass/fail courses and those which are not graded will be considered for credit if accompanied by proof of a C (not C-) grade or better. Credits received for vocational or pre-professional courses (such as nursing, home economics, health education, etc.) are not transferable. Credit for internships and independent study is awarded on an individual basis. Students must submit a description of the work completed and appropriate supporting materials.

    Transfer Credits from International Universities

    Students who have been matriculated at international universities may be considered for advanced standing on an individual basis. All original official transcripts and descriptions must be accompanied by certified English translations and a course evaluation from World Education Services (or other official evaluation service). Please visit the How to Apply page for specific submission requirements.