International Students

  • Mannes attracts musicians from all over the world. More than 43 percent of our student-artist community is composed of international students.

    The New School is authorized by the United States government to enroll international students in the full-time degree and diploma programs of Mannes School of Music.

    International Student Services

    When notified of acceptance, applicants will receive complete instructions for additional procedures regarding financial aid, housing, tuition and fees, I-20 visas (for nonresidents of the United States), and other matters. The decision to admit an applicant is always contingent upon successful completion of any current studies and the receipt of a final transcript by the Admission Committee. All accepted students must have their official final transcripts on file before they begin classes. Please review our Application Instructions for more information on transcript requirements.

    Please do not submit bank statements with your application for admission. This is part of the visa process.

    International students who have to file the I-20 or DS-2019 form to obtain a student visa will find a link to the online International Student Application Packet in their acceptance letters. They can also access the link using the Accepted Student tab in MyNewSchool. The packet (a website) includes information about applying for the I-20 or DS-2019, guidelines for providing the required financial documents, instructions and procedures for F-1 transfer students, and other important forms and information. Learn more on the International Student Services website.

    Visiting the United States

    Upon request, the Office of Admission will provide a letter for international applicants to present at a United States consulate or embassy when applying for a tourist visa to attend the in-person audition. Although consular practices vary from country to country, applicants should request a "Prospective Student" annotation on the B-1/B-2 visa. For more information about entering as a tourist, contact International Student Services.