Anyone interested in Parsons Open Campus may register on a noncredit basis for most courses listed on the online registration site for the fee noted in each course description. Formal applications, transcripts of record, and personal interviews are not required. No permanent records are kept.


    Students who seek college credit may register on a general credit basis for most courses listed online. Students who successfully complete a course receive a grade and may request a transcript of their record. Credit may be transferred into a program at Parsons or at another institution. Please consult with the Admission Office at Parsons or the intended institution to clarify transfer credit policies. Course credit value is listed at the end of each course description.

    PLEASE NOTE: All students seeking to register for nine or more general credits must first obtain the permission of a Parsons Open Campus advisor and must complete their registration in person.

    Specific credit requirements vary from course to course. Students are responsible for obtaining the relevant credit information and details of evaluation criteria from their instructors.


    Certificate programs are noncredit programs open to all students without prerequisite. Certificates are available in Design Leadership for Business, Fashion Business, Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Graphic and Digital Design, Healthy Materials and Sustainable Buildings, and Interior Design and Architecture Studies. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of a predetermined program of courses. Students must file a Certificate Petition Form with Parsons Open Campus during the last week of their final semester of study.


    All classes meet on the Parsons campus in Greenwich Village unless otherwise noted. Room assignments are available online via Class Finder at Room assignments are also available on the first day of class in the lobbies of the Sheila C. Johnson Design Center, located at 2 West 13th Street and 66 Fifth Avenue, and in the lobby of the University Center, located at 63 Fifth Avenue.


    Each student is expected to attend classes regularly and to arrive in classes on time. There are no excused absences or “cut allowances.” If the instructor thinks that a student’s absences are excessive, his or her final grade may be affected. Limited absences are permitted for medical and other legitimate reasons. Students are responsible for making up the assigned work and additional attendance requirements may be imposed. Students must inform the Parsons at Open Campus office and the Office of Student Life (degree students only) immediately of a potential long absence. Explanations of absences must be submitted in writing. Students are responsible for notifying their instructors in advance when they know they will miss class. Students who are absent from a course for more than two weeks (or three classes) may be subject to involuntary withdrawal from the course, regardless of whether the absences were excused. Continued registration at Parsons is contingent upon regular attendance, an acceptable level of work, and proper conduct.


    On-campus housing is available only to full-time degree students. Students enrolled in Continuing Education or Certificate courses are not eligible for on-campus housing.


    All students taking courses for credit are eligible for a student photo ID card. Other students are eligible for a student ID if they are registered in a course that meets for at least six sessions. ID pictures are taken by the Campus Card Services Office upon presentation of the student's current schedule. To learn more, visit NewCard.


    The mission of the University Libraries and Archives is to provide access to collections of materials sufficient in quality, depth, diversity, format and currency to support the research and teaching missions of The New School. Currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff may access our collections, including the online databases (available on and off campus), using MyNewSchool log-ins.

    To learn more, visit What do I have access to? or Ask Us.


    Please visit International Student and Scholar Services for more information.


    Official transcripts are maintained for credit and certificate students only. All transcripts must be requested in writing from the Registrar’s Office.